- Sketching and drawing - The most significant part of designing anything in graphics industry. Students do not need to be skilled in drawing, this part should teach them how to work with the beginning ideas. They will learn about design elements such as colour, line, shape, space, texture.
- Logo design - The part where ideas gets it's form and become the actual design for companies, services, or products, considering the importance of logo design in the visual image of a company.
- Typography - Students needs to know how to work with texts, fonts and basic principles of typography - it effects and even psychology used via typo to clients, selection of proper fonts with Corporate Identities or product designs. They are also exposed to technical and aesthetic issues and communicative abilities of typography as individual forms and as text.
- Product design - Lot of companies and services offers their own new products, students will learn how to approach to a product design, how to find a connection between company identity and product attributes. The topic is intended to provide awareness of the role of multiple functions in creating a new product
- Corporate identity - A brand is expressed in a system of tangible items that fuel the recognition of that brand. These items will typically have a strong identity that separates them or makes them stand out from the crowd of brands on the market. This part should connect all the exercises together to make a functional identity of a company (there will be a selection of various kinds of businesses). Final state will contain brand manual.
The course is ideal for beginners, employers, entrepreneurs as well as people in their designing skills. Based on the past experience half of the students have a strong passion for design however didn't get a chance yet to create anything touchable so far. The other half are students already immersed in designed with decent drawing and illustration skills but no significant digital graphics skills. The main focus is on Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
Course Gallery - students and the classroom + Matt
Created by students
You will receive an official Certificate of Attendance upon completion of your course. Please inform the organizing staff if you require any extra supplements, such as Transcript of Records. The student is eligible to receive up to 5 ECTS credits, however please follow the instructions here and consult the acknowledgment process with your university in advance.
- attendance in class 15%
- team assignment 40%
- individual assignment 35%
- exam 10%
Course time total 125 hours
- Total time of in-class work = 50hours
- Preliminary assignment = 10hours
- Preparation = 65hours
Course fee includes the course itself, application fee, study materials, Prague public transportation ticket for 2 weeks, afternoon/evening social activities and events, welcome drink and goodbye graduation party. Other expenses, such as meals, accommodation, insurance, personal expenses, extra activities (such as trips outside of town over the weekend and entrance fees), and required equipment (i.e. pencils, paper for illustrations) are not included in the price.
Please note, after the 30th of April 2019 there will be a late enrollment fee charged in the amount of 50EUR on top of the course fee.
Terms and Conditions - Cancellation fees
Costs of living in Prague
For accommodation options, please visit the dedicated page