All the above mentioned days will take point of departure in the e-shop, but will naturally also relate to “normal” businesses. Throughout the 10 days various cases will be part of the class activities as well as work on the group assignment “creating a webshop with online purchase possibilities”.
Method of delivery
The teaching method will be a combination of seminar-type lectures and discussions, case work, and individual research. The lecture will cover the assigned topic, but will not necessarily cover the material as presented in the text. Lectures, class discussions and in-class exercises are not designed to reiterate the textbook, articles and/or other handout materials, especially with regard to presentation. You are expected to attend all classes and to be prepared to discuss and/or apply assigned readings. Students will be called upon by name to discuss assigned topics and concepts.
Literature and resources
- Harrison, A., & Van Hoek, R. I. (2014). Logistics management and strategy: competing through the supply chain. Pearson Education.
- Slack, N., Chambers, S., & Johnston, R. (2016). Operations management. Pearson education.
- Ma, J., Jiao, F., Lau, C. K., & Lin, Z. (2018). The relationships between shop floor management and QCCs to support Kaizen. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 35(9), 1941-1955.
- Turker, D., & Altuntas, C. (2014). Sustainable supply chain management in the fast fashion industry: An analysis of corporate reports. European Management Journal, 32(5), 837-849
- Monden, Y. (2011). Toyota production system: an integrated approach to just-in-time. Productivity Press.
- Nurmandi, A., & Kim, S. (2015). Making e-procurement work in a decentralized procurement system: A comparison of three Indonesian cities. International Journal of Public Sector Management, 28(3), 198-220.
- Group presentation – building a webshop with online purchase possibilities
- Individual paper with individual presentation
- Active participation in class – including solving case studies
You will receive an official Certificate of Attendance upon completion of your course. Please inform the organizing staff if you require any extra supplements, such as Transcript of Records. The student is eligible to receive up to 5 ECTS credits, however please follow the instructions here and consult the acknowledgment process with your university in advance.
Course time total 125 hours
- Total time of in-class work = 50hours
- Preliminary assignment = 10hours
- Preparation = 65hours
Course fee includes the course itself, application fee, study materials, Prague public transportation ticket for 2 weeks, afternoon/evening social activities and events, welcome drink and goodbye graduation party. Other expenses, such as meals, accommodation, insurance, personal expenses, extra activities (such as trips outside of town over the weekend and entrance fees), and required equipment (i.e. pencils, paper for illustrations) are not included in the price.
Please note, after the 30th of April 2020 there will be a late enrollment fee charged in the amount of 50EUR on top of the course fee.
Online Alternative -we are fully prepared for an online version of the courses if the restrictions will still take place and your physical presence in Prague will not be possible. If this scenario will occur we will be refunding 200EUR as a discount for the online version of the courses.
COVID-19 Tests upon arrival to Prague you might be asked to take a COVID test to avoid quarantine or you will have to take the test before your departure to Prague at the airport. In that case, we have decided to contribute to the testing and reimburse you in the amount of 100,- EUR. More info here .
COVID-19 Cancellation fee - in case a particular course will be cancelled without an alternative course or the Summer school program will not be happening even in an ONLINE version due to Coronavirus in your country or in the Czech Republic, we will be refunding all amount so cancellation fee is 0,- EUR.
Terms and Conditions - Cancellation fees
Costs of living in Prague
For accommodation options, please visit the dedicated page