The course is finalized with writing an individual essay about your personal goals and strategy to reach your goals, as well as a team presentation on a subject of your choice, in which the style, clarity and team cooperation is going to be assessed.
There are no compulsory books for this course, however, a reader with articles and abstracts will be handed out for studying and reference purposes
Some recommended materials to read:
- Collins, J. (2001), Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap...And Others Don't, New York: HarperCollins
- Covey S.R. (1990), The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. New York: Fireside Book
- Fleming, N.D & C.E. Mills (1992), Not Another Inventory, Rather a Catalyst for Reflection, To Improve the Academy, p. 246. Can be downloaded from: https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1245&context=podimproveacad
- Kolb, D. A. (1984). Experimental/earning: Experience as the source of learning and development. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Levitin, D. (2016), A field guide to lies and statistics: A neuroscientist on how to make sense of a complex world, London: Viking
- Levitt, S.D. & Dubner, S.J. (2014), Think like a freak. London: Penguin UK
You will receive an official Certificate of Attendance upon completion of your course. Please inform the organizing staff if you require any extra supplements, such as Transcript of Records. The student is eligible to receive up to 5 ECTS credits, however please follow the instructions here and consult the acknowledgment process with your university in advance.
- attendance in class 15%
- team assignment 40%
- individual assignment 35%
- exam 10% (optional, if required by home University)
Course time total 125 hours
- Total time of in-class work = 50hours
- Preliminary assignment = 10hours
- Preparation = 65hours
Course fee includes the course itself, application fee, study materials, Prague public transportation ticket for 2 weeks, afternoon/evening social activities and events, welcome drink and goodbye graduation party. Other expenses, such as meals, accommodation, insurance, personal expenses, extra activities (such as trips outside of town over the weekend and entrance fees), and required equipment (i.e. pencils, paper for illustrations) are not included in the price.
Please note, after the 30th of April 2020 there will be a late enrollment fee charged in the amount of 50EUR on top of the course fee. Please note: Last minute applications from 8.7.2020 are exempt from Late enrollment fee.
COVID-19 Tests upon arrival to Prague you might be asked to take a COVID test to avoid quarantine or you will have to take the test before your departure to Prague at the airport. In that case, we have decided to contribute to the testing and reimburse you in the amount of 100,- EUR. More info here .
COVID-19 Cancellation fee - in case a particular course will be cancelled without an alternative course or the Summer school program will not be happening even in an ONLINE version due to Coronavirus in your country or in the Czech Republic, we will be refunding all amount so cancellation fee is 0,- EUR.
Terms and Conditions - Cancellation fees
Costs of living in Prague
For accommodation options, please visit the dedicated page