Why to participate
- You will build a maker's confidence that helps you define and solve the right problems.
- You will learn by doing in the real world context that helps to understand theory more quickly.
- You will explore the power of quick and dirty concepts by a moving beyond the surface.
- Exploration of design processes
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative user research
- Exploring insights and ideating innovative ideas
- Building quick and cheap prototypes - rapid prototyping and UX design
- Validating and improving ideas through user testing
- Building and communicating business strategy
- Teamwork - collaboration, leadership, communication
- Presentation - explaining a design work to diverse stakeholders
Recommended literature before the course
- Change by Design by Tim Brow
- The Back of the Napkin by Dan Roam
- Wicked Problems in Design Thinking by Richard Buchanan
You will receive an official Certificate of Attendance upon completion of your course. Please inform the organizing staff if you require any extra supplements, such as Transcript of Records. The student is eligible to receive up to 5 ECTS credits, however please follow the instructions here and consult the acknowledgment process with your university in advance.
- attendance in class 15%
- team assignment 40%
- individual assignment 35%
- exam 10% (optional, if required by home University)
Course time total 125 hours
- Total time of in-class work = 50hours
- Preliminary assignment = 10hours
- Preparation = 65hours
Course fee includes the course itself, application fee, study materials, Prague public transportation ticket for 2 weeks, afternoon/evening social activities and events, welcome drink and goodbye graduation party. Other expenses, such as meals, accommodation, insurance, personal expenses, extra activities (such as trips outside of town over the weekend and entrance fees), and required equipment (i.e. pencils, paper for illustrations) are not included in the price.
Please note, after the 30th of April 2020 there will be a late enrollment fee charged in the amount of 50EUR on top of the course fee. Please note: Last minute applications from 8.7.2020 are exempt from Late enrollment fee.
COVID-19 Tests upon arrival to Prague you might be asked to take a COVID test to avoid quarantine or you will have to take the test before your departure to Prague at the airport. In that case, we have decided to contribute to the testing and reimburse you in the amount of 100,- EUR. More info here .
COVID-19 Cancellation fee - in case a particular course will be cancelled without an alternative course or the Summer school program will not be happening even in an ONLINE version due to Coronavirus in your country or in the Czech Republic, we will be refunding all amount so cancellation fee is 0,- EUR.
Terms and Conditions - Cancellation fees
Costs of living in Prague
For accommodation options, please visit the dedicated page