1Course Date: 16.7. - 27.7.
Are you interested in visual arts? Whether a beginner or slightly advanced, this course will allow you to develop your creative skills from the very first scratch, through simple illustration, all the way to painting a proper painting with acrylic colors. You will also be assigned interesting and entertaining projects that will challenge not only your drawing and painting skills, but most importantly your creativity and imagination.
Course Fee: 750€
Register NOW! Category: A Arts
|Prague College lecturer|
Mr. Huller is a highly experienced designer, illustrator and creative consultant. His career is devoted to art. From the beginning of the millennium he has worked as an artist, photographer and curator in art galleries in Italy, and as a book illustrator and creative consultant and scenic director in the Czech Republic. Mr Huller also has much experience as an art teacher from schools in Italy and Czech Republic. Download tutor’s CV in PDF
Franco Hüller – Facebook
Do you have talent for arts? Are you interested in painting and illustrations? This course helps students get better in understanding of all necessary things a good picture or illustration should have. And you will of course practise your skills using tools all sorts of techniques and approaches.
Frauke, Netherlands - Illustration practice
„Besides massive new illustration skills, I learned how much you can achieve in only two weeks. I met likeminded people who are open minded and fun to hang out with.The summer school helped me to develop professionally, but most of all it gave me more self esteem in this field of work.“
- demonstrate appropriate understanding of the strategies, techniques and understanding necessary for the production of different kinds of illustration
- demonstrate an appropriate level of skill in the use of techniques, technologies and tools required for successful visual communication
- demonstrate appropriate understanding of the needs of a range of different audiences and circumstances
- recognise how to work independently, collaboratively and as a member of a team
The course is designed to those interested in improving their painting, drawing, and illustration skills. Students should have a basic and/or advanced art knowledge. We recommend the students to send us their latest work after registering to the course.
In addition, students must have very good written and spoken English (B1-B2).
- an A3sized sketchbook
- pencils, graphite
- acrylic colours, rags or paper towels, jars for water, soap
- a selection of cheap brushes and palette knives
- stretched canvases (their size depends on the students' needs)
- Research is an essential component of the course. Students will investigate a wide range of visual art practices and draw on history, technology, commerce, media and cultural studies as they analyse and critique the development of illustration and visual language
- Black and White Drawing – an introduction to the languages of drawing. Moving from the simple description of an object to problems that use line, shape, value, proportion, texture, balance and composition to build visual structures. Emphasis is placed on the relationship between the perception of nature and the drawing process. Students use black and white media to examine the basics of visual organization
- Colour – a n introduction to the element of colour. Colour theory is studied through painting. The basics of colour mixing are emphasized as students examine colour interaction, perception and observation. Students explore the expressive potential of colour and the effects of light on colour in addition to the effects of colours on each other
Do you have any questions? Let us know!